Do you have any
Cant find something spesific that you where looking for?
Have a look on our wide arange of frequently asked questions to get what you are looking for.
How does Timing.Mobi work?
Timing.Mobi is a website where race directors and their staff can easily and cost-effectively time trail runs with a mobile phone.
This is done in 5 easy steps:
- Sign up for an account, log into your Timing.Mobi dashboard and create your new event.
- Upload a spreadsheet containing your participants’ details.
- Download a PDF with every participant’s unique QR code. Print these codes and give each participant their code before the race.
- On the day of the race, log into the Timing.Mobi web app. Press the “Start Timing” button when the start gun goes off, and scan can each participant’s QR code as they cross the finish line.
- Results are available online in real time.
Can I use it for free?
Yes, your first event is free and all events with 50 participants or less are timed for free.
How much will it cost me?
Our costing works on the simple sliding scale below. However, your first event is free and events with less than 50 participants are timed for free.
|NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
|1 – 50
|51 – 100
|101 – 250
|R 1 250
|251 – 500
|R 1 875
|501 – 750
|R 2 250
|751 – 1000
|R 3 000
|Contact Us For Price
|Contact Us For Price
Do I need internet access to time my event?
No, you don’t need internet access while you do the timing.
What type of events does Timing.Mobi support?
Timing.Mobi is ideal for smaller events (below 1 000 race participants) where participants arrive at the finish line at a tempo that allows for the scanning of each participant’s QR race number. These can include trail running, cross country running, fun runs, mountain bike races, open water swimming, triathlons and other racing activities.
Can I time different events or distances at the same time?
Yes, you can have numerous events and/or distances taking place at the same time. Timekeepers can scan any finisher as they cross the finish line, regardless of the event they are participating in. The Timing.Mobi software will automatically assign their time to the correct result sheet.
Is Timing.Mobi an app?
No, you do not need to install any apps, all functionality is available right from the Timing.Mobi website.
Does every participant need a mobile phone?
No, participants do not need a mobile phone.
What hardware is needed to use Timing.Mobi?
You will need the following:
- A laptop/desktop to set up the event on the race dashboard.
- A normal smartphone to scan QR codes at the finish line.
- QR race numbers as generated by Timing.Mobi to hand to participants before the race. You can print it using a home printer or have it printed by professional printers.
How many phones and timekeepers do I need?
One timekeeper can scan about 100 participants if they arrive at the finish line at a constant rate. You can have multiple timekeepers at the finish line, which would make it possible to scan a multitude of participants and handle groups of runners finishing at the same time.
What type of phone do I need?
Any modern smartphone with a camera and internet browser.
Can I add participants at the last minute?
Yes, you can. Your admin staff can add/edit/delete participants from a mobile device. This makes it possible for you to deploy numerous admin staff that can then easily process late entries or correct participant details on the day.
Can I edit the results if I made a mistake?
Yes, you can. The results and participant lists are editable after the event has been completed and can be edited without any danger of affecting the timing data.